Sunday, February 6, 2011

Weight: it's just a number.

"I'm too fat." "I can't wear a size 2." "I can't wear this out fit because it makes my butt look big."

Sound familiar?  Most recent days, I've felt the same way except it's more about not feeling good.  Some days, I feel I'm not getting anything accomplished.  On the weekends, I'm exhausted from the week and I don't get my "house work" done.  In order to achieve any goal, the goal has to be defined, a plan designed, a call-of-action taken.


Ready...Set...Go!
I'm ready to put Tim Ferriss' Four Hour Body to the test.  I am now prepared for tracking my success in the form of an OrbiTape for tracking my body measurements, an OMRON blood pressure machine, and the OMRON HBF-516 body composition monitor and scale.

CURRENT STATS:

Weight: 125.2
BMI: 22.2
Body fat: 31.5%
Skeletal Muscle Percentage: 28.7%
RM kcal: 1252
Body Age: 28
Viceral Fat: 4 (normal is <= 9)
Blood Pressure: 99/55  67 pulse/min


GOALS

  • Decrease body fat percentage from 31.5% to 10% in 1 year
  • Decrease inches in core
  • Perform an unassisted pull up
  • Perform a handstand push-up
  • Increase my squats to 150% of my body weight
  • Improve flexibility
  • Increase overall strength
PLAN (Four Hour Body)
  • Supplements.  I've ordered the PAGG stack mentioned in 4HB.
  • T-Handle and other workouts.  Initially, I purchased black iron steel; however, this pipe type will eventually rust.  Galvanized steel has been coated with zinc to prevent rust development.
  • Slow-Carb Diet.
  • ICE methods.  I made my own ice pack for my neck, and I'm certain the ice water immediately upon waking will not be challenging.  The cold showers I think will be a huge challenge that I'm willing to attempt to overcome

CHALLENGES:

Getting enough of the right things to eat.
Cold showers.
Limiting the workouts to 4 hours a month.
Consistently taking the supplements.
Saying goodbye to carbs for 6 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment